DHA & fetal development
PreferaOB ONE® contains plant-based life'sDHA™
DHA supplementation during pregnancy has been shown to significantly increase length of gestation, helping mothers carry to a healthy or full term.1,2
DHA is also essential for1:
- Normal fetal growth
- Neurologic development and function
- Learning and behavioral development
During pregnancy, DHA is naturally transferred from maternal stores to the growing fetus to support optimal development.1,3 Without sufficient dietary intake, pregnant women can become depleted of DHA.1
The March of Dimes®* recommends that pregnant women get 200 mg of DHA daily to support fetal brain development.4 PreferaOB ONE® meets this recommendation.5
contains plant-based life'sDHA™
The DHA found in PreferaOB ONE® comes from a sustainable plant-based source called life'sDHA, produced in an FDA-inspected facility.6
- DHA is important for optimal infant brain, eye, and nervous system development1,3
- life'sDHA™ is found in most baby formulas7
- life'sDHA™ is plant-based, with no ocean-borne contaminants or fish allergens6
*March of Dimes is a registered trademark of the March of Dimes Foundation, all rights reserved.
†life'sDHA is a trademark of DSM, all rights reserved.